My friend and fellow Sweat Pink Sister Clara, over at Southern Thintellect, always has the perfect knack of making me smile when I need it most. This time, she did it by nominating me for a Liebster Award! Not sure what that is or how it works? Well, here we go.
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. What’s more perfect than being acknowledged and appreciated by your peers? The word Liebster is derived from German, meaning sweetheart, darling, beloved, dearest…you get the drill. Feeling loved yet? I sure am!
The rules are simple:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So, without further ado, here goes!
1. Thank you, Southern Thintellect! I follow her for her amazing fitness motivation, healthy (and oh so delicious recipes), and cute themed days like Marvellous in My Monday (#MIMM) and What I Ate Wednesday (#WIAW). Best of all, her posts are always cheerful and filled with a zest for life. They always motivate me to smile a little extra and work a little harder every day.
2. Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I am allergic to caffeine in any form. That being said, when people meet me they always assume I’ve just guzzled a Red Bull—especially in work or school environments because I love to go-go-go!
- I have never seen the movie Mulan. I know, I know…crazy. I’ll get on it at some point, I promise.
- When I was 8 years old, I could easily recite the entire script from the movie Grease. I’m sure I could still do it with minimal prompting.
- My greatest “obsession” in life is Harry Potter. I have read the books twice a year, every year, since I discovered them in 2000. I own over 60 copies of the books. I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
- I constantly strive to find an easy cure for the horror society calls “wine lips”.
- I am exactly 5 feet tall.
- I’m not a huge fan of talking on the phone, but I can text for hours with no signs of stopping.
- I think London is the most magical city I’ve ever visited.
- I have never been to Italy or Greece but they’re the places I want to visit the most.
- At some point in my life, I want to take six or eight months off and do an “Around the World” trip.
- Potato chips and gourmet burgers are my weakness. That’s right, Gourmet Burgers. Girl’s gotta have her standards!
3. Answering the 11 questions that Southern Thintellect created for me…
- Do you prefer morning, afternoon or evening workouts? Morning, ALWAYS!
- Who would play you in a movie? Kate Hudson, once she dyed her hair brunette. I like to think my smile is as infectious as hers…
- If you could, what piece of advice would you give to your 16 year old self? The OC is not an accurate representation of real life, so please don’t make important decisions based on what Marissa and Summer do.
- What’s a food you have never tried, but would like to? I’m actually pretty adventurous in the food department and have tried everything that I have always wanted to. That being said, I accidentally tried brains once thinking it was chicken. I thought it was divine melt-in-your-mouth chicken…but when I found out it was brains, I was less enthused.
- Are you a hat person? I wish.
- Who are your 2 favorite bloggers right now? Southern Thintellect (yes, really) and Lauren Conrad.
- What’s your favorite fitness app? Couch to 5K. I have asthma and the app helps me regulate my breathing and pacing.
- How many pairs of running shoes do you own? Just one and I love them dearly.
- Do you have any superstitions? Yes. I never pass knives or scissors to a person because it’s an old wives tale that if you do, you’ll get into a fight with them. This came true when my roommate of four years and I had our ONLY fight the day we passed scissors to each other.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say? WARNING: Product resembles puppy dog. Small, energetic, and gets easily attached.
- What are you reading? Revenge Wears Prada for the second time. I’ve got Where’d You Go, Bernadette? lined up for after it.
4. Nominate 11 (amazing) bloggers: (note, I may have bent the rules a tad with the 200 follower limit because there are one or two blogs that just deserve tremendous mention)
- Food With Feelings An healthy food blog with some really stunning photography.
- Leonicka A strong voice about diversity in literature and life.
- Beth and Louise Hate Movies Hilarious movie reviews.
- Twilight Tree Love arts, crafts, and poetry? So does she!
- Healthy Girl in NYC No longer an RD to be, this girl is finally a registered dietitian and happens to have some uhmayzing smoothie recipes!
- The Domestic Blonde I adore her “Over a Cup of Tea” posts! Perfect for foodies and readers.
- Of Chaos and Couture The perfect blend of fashion, fitness, and all things in between.
- Ahead of the Curve It may seem like an out of place choice in this list, but there’s never a dull moment if you want to find out the latest trends in finance or mobile technology (which are actually pretty darn cool).
- Reeder Reads Her last name is Reeder and she works in publishing. It doesn’t get more karmically perfect. Plus, she gets to meet some seriously cool authors (still jealous she got to meet THE Lorelai Gilmore).
- Paper Droids Geek culture for girls. Put together by a fabulous group of publishing students that I got to work with on a regular basis. What started as a class project turned into an amazing website that’s growing stronger every day!
- Meat Locker Editions deserves a seriously special shout-out. It is a not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to providing opportunities for underrepresented voices in the literary arts: writers aged 18-35, with particular focus on women in the same age bracket. That’s one terrific cause, in my opinion.
5. For the last leg of this post, my questions to the bloggers I’ve nominated who wish to participate in the Liebster and pass on the love! If you don’t want to create a post on your own blog, feel free to answer these in the comments section below 🙂
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- Wine, whiskey, or water?
- Do you have a food weakness? Share it (be specific, you can’t just say “candy”).
- What is your favorite old movie (pre-1990)?
- If you had to choose between a second entree or a dessert, which would you choose? (I personally will always pick a second steak over one steak and a cheesecake.)
- If you could be a superhero for a day, who would you be?
- If you could be part of a TV show for a day, which one would it be?
- How many times in your life have you changed your mind about your favorite color?
- What is your advice to someone dealing with a bad day?
- Do you prefer to exercise indoors or outdoors? You’re welcome to say exercise is not your thing.
- There’s always something we wished we had said to ourselves or to someone in our lives. You don’t have to share it here, but acknowledge it and maybe write it down somewhere. Consider it motivation for a little daily catharsis 🙂
That’s all Liebsters! Happy blogging!